Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2010 0831 More School and Hockey

The Rink

The last two days I have continued to go to school an play more hockey. Among my many classes, today I had my first Chemistry class. We went over the rules of how to handle the chemicals in the upcoming year. My teacher who is alsomy Biology teacher explained the rules clearly in English. I also had my first Physics class and we talked about mass, in Swedish of course. These were the last two classes that I had for the first time. However, I only have these classes once every week each. I also had extra Swedish which is one-on-one with my homeroom teacher. This class helps me learn Swedish much better than regular Swedish class does because I can ask the teacher a lot of questions without slowing the class down. Fortunately, I have this class three times per week. In Sweden, we have a lot of free time between classes and not as many classes. A normal schedule might include five classes in the day averaging about fifty minutes per class and fifteen minutes in between classes. During our free time, we either go to the store to buy good food because the school lunches are not very good or play games in one of the three computer rooms. The average start time is around 8:15 and we usually end around 2:15. We also have had five combined hours of hockey the last two days. We have done a lot of stickhandling and shooting both on and off the ice and that is mostly why practice has been pretty fun the last two days. Coming up for hockey are two more practices before two games/scrimmages on the weekend. I start school tomorrow very early and have hockey at night so I must go to sleep now.

1 comment:

  1. You have quite a schedule there, Curtis! Good for the extra Swedish.

    Missing you, missing you, missing you!!!

    Love,
    GM

    ReplyDelete