Monday, August 23, 2010

2010 0822 First Game

Game in Rimbo

Today, we played our first game/scrimmage. I woke up to go shopping with the Svensson’s family and my dad. We bought many things that I will be using for the next seven months. We then came back and got ready for the game by eating some more pasta. The game was in Rimbo, Sweden, just outside of Stockholm in a rural area. We warmed up by playing street hockey and stretching. Then we got dressed and the team chose me as the captain because it was my first game. The team got off to a bad start and we were quickly losing by two goals. Then we started to play better and outscored the much improved opposing team from last year by five goals throughout most of the game. We went on to win and it was a pretty good start for me coming to Sweden. The rink was pretty old and it was pretty cold as well. After the game, the team was very happy and some of us, including me jumped in a lake right next to the arena. The water was freezing for me, but the other boys thought it was quite warm for this time of year. Then we were driving back when I fell asleep because I was so tired in the car. We then walked over to some of the Svensson’s relatives’ house and had dinner before playing video games and watching TV. They have three boys, all of them play hockey, and one is on my team. Then we came back to get ready for school tomorrow and are getting ready to go to bed. The next two days, school is only for three hours so people can get used to being back at school. We do not have hockey tomorrow and will have almost the whole day to do whatever we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment