Saturday, September 4, 2010

2010 0904 Hockey Weekend

Warming up for the Game

I have been very busy the last few days as usual and have not gotten to the blog. Wednesday-Friday featured normal days at school with practices during the night. I am learning Swedish nicely and hopefully I can have an idea of what people are saying in two months. Last night I saw a new rink as we practiced in another Stockholm rink. In Sweden, there is just one rink in every arena where in the United States there are two to four. Of course in Sweden there is an arena every 5 square miles, and only one arena every 50 square miles in the United States. I am beginning to get more used to the number of practices for hockey and my settings around me. Because of this, I can look forward to enjoying practice more without worrying about other things. Today we played our first game in almost two weeks against a much disliked team by Taby. We started out alright, and then scored two goals in ten seconds to take a 3-1 lead early in the second half. We kept scoring and actually scored six goals in seven minutes and eventually won 8-2. This was a surprise to everybody because the same team beat Taby 8-0 earlier in the season. I played very well on defense and picked up two assists. Up tomorrow is a game on the other side of Stockholm and a practice back in Taby so it will be a tiring day.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for the 2 assists and for the win - AND for not being intimidated by the new language! I am proud of you and I love you! Gramidge

    ReplyDelete