Wednesday, August 25, 2010

2010 0825 First Classes

Today, I had my first classes at my new Swedish school. I started with a Math test that everyone takes which was very hard. The Math was actually really easy, but the teacher had to translate all of the word problems to English for me to understand. Once she did that, I could understand everything very easily. Then it was English class. We had to draw a picture with our partner of what we did this Summer. My partner was Mons who is a player on the hockey team and we have a lot in common. We drew a picture of an airplane above a hockey player on the beach. Then we described it in English. Then we had music which was not the best and an okay lunch. After that, we played games like dodgeball in Gym before coming home and going to the hockey game. We played pretty well and had a better start. However, we were playing a good team and they were winning by a goal when we tied the game with forty seconds left. The game ended in a tie and I was pretty happy with my play. After the game, we had off-ice training as scheduled before coming home and going to bed. Tomorrow, we have a very short day at school, but a very long hockey practice late at night. Because of that, I might skip a day on the blog and post another entry on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Curtis -- It's such fun reading your blog! What a great opportunity for you, and I'm so impressed with your willingness to just pick up and GO, especially to a country whose language you don't (yet) speak. Pretty soon, though, I suspect that you and Anna and Mike will be able to converse easily. Ging would be so thrilled to know where you are; I remember when she and a friend were visiting her friend's daughter in the Netherlands, and they decided to take a side trip to Sweden. Ging called me from there to tell me where she was, and she was SO thrilled to be there.

    You probably remember Jeremy, your second cousin (who lives in Boulder). He played baseball all summer with the high school team and got the MVP award (for the entire program, not just his team)as the best defensive player. He'd rather play shortstop but played second base most of the summer--and I think he ended up liking that position. Anyway, he'll be here in a week, and I'll have him read your blog. I never hear from him, but he just might write to *you*!

    It sounds as if you're having a blast and that you've made some friends right off the bat (or the hockey stick???). Anyway, I wish you all the best and look forward to reading your blog whenever you have time to add to it.

    Lots of love, Aunt Peg

    ReplyDelete