Saturday, August 14, 2010

2010 0814 Flashback

This opportunity came up when I played for Washington All Stars: a summer hockey team. The coach of this team, Fredrik Nygren will also be the coach of Taby HC for the upcoming season. He asked if I would like to play hockey and live with a billet family in Sweden when I was in Buffalo, NY at a hockey tournament. After talking about this opportunity for the last several weeks, my dad and I decided it would we the best thing for my hockey and the rest of my life. We are planning to leave on Thursday night on British Airways and stop in London, England before flying to Stockholm, Sweden. This week, I am trying to pack and get ready as soon as possible as well as saying goodbye to my closest friends and family nearby. I am excited to travel back to Europe and face the new challenges that are waiting ahead of me. The last time I was in Europe I was in France and Switzerland for my uncle's wedding and I had so much fun during that time period. I am also very excited to meet my billet family I will be staying with. School starts in nine days so I also am trying to prepare for that by learning Swedish by Rosetta Stone on my new laptop that I will be taking over to Sweden as well.  I am tired and must get to bed as the last two days we have been very busy travelling places and getting ready for this wonderful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment