Thursday, March 24, 2011

2011 0324 Champions!

Flag

Last Saturday was the Final of Mitt i Cupen, which is the league that Taby plays in. We came out and overpowered SDE to win big 7-0! This was gigantic for us as it has been the team's goals the main season. In the middle of the season we had struggled. Then our coaches decided to put us through three weeks of difficult training. This finally payed off as we won every game the last two months to capture our trophy. The next day was very tiring in Rimbo as we were on the ice for over four hours that day. Monday was my last practice with the team. Everybody was very nice and thankful for me playing in Sweden. Thank you to everyone who helped me out in my time in Sweden. I enjoyed most of the year a lot and will visit again later for sure. Wednesday we flew nine hours home to New York. After travelling by train and car for the next seven hours we arrived home in Baltimore! I am so excited to be home and seeing everybody that I missed here but am already missing everyone in Stockholm. The whole trip feels like a dream because all of yesterday the Eastern Coast was covered in a foggy, rainy storm. The next few weeks I have much baseball now and hockey tryouts for next year. I might continue to write in this blog a little bit every few weeks. Now I have much unpacking to do as we had eleven bags between the three of us. Good luck to everybody in Taby!

2 comments: