Saturday, September 1, 2012

2012 0901 Back on the Ice

Much has happened since I arrived in Stockholm almost a month ago. A few weeks ago I started skating again in Sweden at Rimbo. It has been tough to adjust to a different style of hockey at a higher level after a dissapointing season back in the United States last year. However, after a groin injury and a couple weeks recovering, I am getting closer to where I want to be. We have played some exibition games including the Bauer Cup in Stockholm as well as some friendly games here and there. I have also began my studies at the Stockholm International School the past two and a half weeks. I have felt very comfortable at the school since the first few days. Last week we went on a class trip to Storulvan in Jamtland for class bonding and hiking. I have made many friends so far from several countries including Sweden, Finalnd, United States, Germany, England, and others. I had a ton of fun on the trip in places including the airplane we travelled on, the bus, our room (with two bunkbeds), the sauna, and the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment