Sunday, November 28, 2010

2010 1128 A Long Way

Me about 8 years ago

I have come a very long way from that picture. I also feel like I a have improved in many ways since I have come here three and a half months ago. This is probably due to the huge increase in the number of practices. We have only had two games the last two weeks. We tied a pretty good team which was a little dissapointing. We also beat a team that was not very good 7-1. However, the team is turning around and is out of a mini-slump that it has been in for about two weeks. We also have had many practices the last two weeks too. In the off-ice training we have been doing a workout called "Ultimate Performance." I think this is helping everybody become stronger and more flexible. I have skated just about every day the last month due to training almost every day and addition of "Allmis" or stick&puck. This is really fun because there are not too many people on the ice, it is free, and we only wear half of our pads. Today was a very busy and fun day. First, I had off-ice training for one hour before one hour of normal training with the '97's. Then I stayed after with the '96's for one hour and an half partly because they were short on players due to another game. We also have had a significant amount of snow the last week in November! We got five inches of snow a few days ago along with a ton of wind. Today we got two more throughout the day. We maybe have had 14 inches in the season already. Today the sunset also took place before 3:00p.m. Then it got dark around 3:15 or 3:30! However, everybody loves the snow here because the light shines off and makes it brighter for a longer time. Also school never gets cancelled no matter how much snow unlike the United States. My dad and I went into the Vasa Museum the other day too. This is a museum showing a huge, old, sunk boat from 400 years ago. The Swedish made it and it sank in the harbour right when it was put into the water. They brought it back up about 50 years ago and are preserving it. The boat was gigantic and had so many canons. There is too much information to cover in one day as there are seven different levels to tour around. This was fun and I got to miss school. Now I will go to bed as I have more practices this week and school.

No comments:

Post a Comment